A Better starting Skate + Safety package for Roller Derby including a CERTIFIED Helmet! Tried and true products that have served tons of beginners – now veterans – many still using their Fresh Meat equipment long into the sport!
S-One Lifer Dual-Certified Helmet:
The S-One Lifer Helmet is one of the best fitting and safest helmets for Roller Derby. The S-1 Lifer Helmet is a Dual Certified Helmet which means it is ASTM Certified to protect your head from multiple low impacts and it is CPSC Certified to protect your head from the single high impacts. The Lifer Helmet is a Certified "multi-impact" helmet and is up to 5x more protective than the soft foam non-certified helmets. You can also upgrade to the The S1 Lifer Helmet W/ Visor Gen 2. The Visor helmet version comes with a high impact protective polycarbonate clear or Iridium Visor face shield which assembles onto the helmet via 2 special holding screws. The visor can can also be worn on or off so when off it is essentially the same as the regular S-1 dual certified helmet. It comes with a carrying bag, visor mounting hardware and a micro fiber cleaning cloth. New features include the Patented "Cover Catcher" to allow for Multiple Helmet Covers to be worn with easy on off!
S1 Lifer Helmet w/ Visor Features:
• High Impact Polycarbonate to Prevent Shattering on Impact
• Optically Correct Lens
• Anti-Fog Coating on inside of Visor to help prevent fogging
• Anti-Scratch Coating on the Outside of the Visor to help prevent minor scratches and nicks
• Patented "Cover Catcher" to allow for Multiple Helmet Covers to be worn with easy on off
• In Mold Mounting Hardware so that the Visor can be Removed and Replaced if Needed
Use a soft tape measure to measure the circumference (around) your head and inch above your eyebrows. Keep the tape straight and level from front to back.
Mini Lifer XS (18.5”)
Mini Lifer SM (19”)
Mini Lifer MED (19.5”)
Mini Lifer LG (20”)
Mini Lifer XL (20.5”)
Lifer SM (21”)
Lifer MED (21.5”)
Lifer LG (22”)
Lifer XL (22.5”)
Lifer XXL (23”)
Lifer XXXL (23.5”)
Mega Lifer SM (24”)
Mega Lifer MED (24.5”)
Mega Lifer LG (25”)
Mega Lifer XL (25.5”)
Mega Lifer XXL (26”)
Mega Lifer XXXL (26.5”)
Triple Eight Knee and Elbow Pads:
Includes both KP-22 Knee Pads and EP-55 Elbow Pads which offer significant protection. This set has successfully proven to be the 'go-to' safety setup for beginning and intermediate Roller derby use for almost any one involved in the sport!
• Heavy duty EVA memory foam
• High-density, impact-resistant cap securely attached with reinforced rivets
• KP-22 Knee Pads have a neoprene butterfly closure
• EP-55 Elbow Pads have a comfortable and cool Lycra® sleeve
• Top elastic and bottom webbed adjustable straps
• Ideal for roller derby, inline skating (roller blading) and skateboarding use.
• Sizes – SM, MED, LG, XL
Triple Eight KP-22 Knee Pads Sizing
Use a soft tape measure to Measure 4” above point of kneecap
Jr. - 15” or less
SM - 16 - 17”
MED - 17.5 - 18.5”
LG - 19 - 22”
XL - 22 - 24”
Triple Eight EP-55 Elbow Pads Sizing
Use a soft tape measure to Measure 3” above point of elbow
Jr. - 9” or less
SM - 9.5 - 10.5”
MED - 10.5 - 11.5”
LG - 12 - 13”
XL - Over 13”
Want to Upgrade to SMITH Scabs Knee + Elbow Pads Right Away?
Upgrade your Knee + Elbow pads NOW and have Top Safety gear at the Get Go for only $80 additional! Choose this option on the pull-down menu when selecting your gear. SMITH Scabs are availble in 2 universal size that fit most people Size SM/MED or LG/XL:
SMITH Scabs ELBOW Pads Sizing:
SM/MED - Overall Length 9" - Top Opening 11" - 14.2"
LG/XL - Overall Length 10" - Top Opening 13" - 16"
SMITH Scabs KNEE Pads Sizing:
SM/MED - Overall Length 10.5" - Top Opening 10.5" - 14.5" - Bottom Opening 5"
LG/XL - Overall Length 11" - Top Opening 12.5" - 16.5" - Bottom Opening 6" - 8"
Triple Eight WristSaver Wrist Guards:
Triple Eight Wristsaver wrist guards offer great support and protection with high density impact-resistant molded ABS splints on front and back of wrist for support. These wrist guards include shock absorbing EVA foam secured between support splints and wrist. A tough, 4-way stretch nylon mesh ensures a perfect fit. Triple Eight Wristsavers are ideal for roller derby, outdoor rollerskating, inline skating (roller blading), and skateboarding.
• Tough, 4-way stretch nylon mesh provides a snug fit
• High-density, impact-resistant molded ABS splints on front and back for support
• Shock absorbing EVA foam secured between support splints and wrist for cushioning
• Ideal for roller derby, outdoor rollerskating, inline skating (roller blading), and skateboarding
• Sizes – Jr., S, M, L
Wristsavers Sizing Guidelines:
Use a soft tape measure to measure hand circumference at the knuckles and match to the sizes listed below:
Jr. 6.0 – 7.0 inches
SM 7.0 – 8.0 inches
MED 8.0 – 9.0 inches
LG 9.0 – 10.0 inches
• SkateTool - to adjust your truck action, amount of 'steering' you like whether loose or tight. Also handy for changing and rotating wheels - just like your car LOL :D
• MANDATORY Mouth Guard - if you don't have one already or don't have a friend in the dental profession that can make a custom fitting, get a SISU mouthguard - these are the most popular mouthguards for Roller derby!
• Want Grippier wheels? If you're skating on a very slick surface or are a light person you may want to upgrade to the ATOM Poison 84A grippier wheels